The official kick-off of the H2020 project Co-Inform took place in May’18. Co-Inform is about empowering citizens, journalists and policy-makers with co-created socio-technical solutions, to increase resilience to misinformation and to generate more informed behaviours and policies. The aim of Co-Inform is to co-create this solutions with citizens, journalists and policy-makers for:
- Detecting and combating a variety of misinforming posts and articles on social media;
- Supporting, persuading and nourishing misinformation-resilient behaviour;
- Bridging between the public on social media, external fact-checking journalists, and policy-makers;
- Understanding and predicting which misinforming news and contents are likely to spread across which parts of the network and demographic sectors;
- Infiltrating echo-chambers on social media to expose confirmation-biased networks to different perceptions and corrective information; and
- Providing policy-makers with advanced misinformation analysis to support their policy-making processes and validation.
Our work will explore the design of technological interventions that nudge individuals towards misinformation-resilient behaviours. CUT is further represented by Dr. Elena Kyza (PI) and Dr. Dionysis Panos.